- Port of the Stunt Park from Carmagedddon TDR2000. Errol released last year a near fully featured port of the TDR2000 Hollowood track. The TDR multiplayer level "Stunt Park" is actually an excerpt of Hollowood so I'm working on it from there. My port however will be much more complete gfx-wise as it will include the hard shadows the original has, ambiant lighting, the multiplayers powerups and spawning points gfx and all sort of goodies.
- Silo Area 4. The two first Silo areas are part of the singleplayer Silo race. The third was an unused part of the latter which rather made it as a multiplayer arena. Well I've been designing a fourth area on my own some months ago. A WipeOut inspired gameplay with an overal setting placing the area on the edge of the base with lava breaking the tunnel on the deepest part and an apocalyptic open sky at the top. The level will be available as a checkpoint race as well as an arena.
- Setting the Silo Area 3 original lighting ambiant back. The beta visuals of Carmageddon 2 depicted the third Silo area as a prerendered scene, backing shadows and lights into textures (a la C1), however the way it was in C2 added shading over the prerendered textures, which ofcourse kills the whole atmosphere. This will be fixed in BBQ, colors and contrast will be back as they were meant to be.
- In the BBQ alpha version, the Opponent Repulsificator powerup was replaced by the Slaughter Mortar one. This is because the Carmageddon TDR2000 multiplayer events made it clear that this powerup was totally unfair. Yet I finally thought that completly removing the powerup isn't a bright idea either. So I'll just replace the powerup references in the tracks themselves and leave the option to level designers to add a real Opponent Repulsificator in their addon level if the gameplay really needs it.
- Compress executables back.
- Add version layer for Glide rendering. (There's already one but it only appears in D3D mode which is unsupported in BBQ)
- Adding the Multiplayer Car Changer.
- Handling the Internet lag directly from within the Winsock hook?!
Voilà, let's just hope for the best and this stuff should arrive soon. And yes once again I copy pasted, this time from my ModDB news item.